No, this picture has nothing to do with this post. I just thought it was funny. I found it on my memory stick just a minute ago. I assure you that I didn't take it and I'm pretty sure that Shannon didn't either.
I want to take you on a journey....Close your eyes and imagine with me...A Mom making her way thru Target (sorry Jared, I know I'm a traitor, but it's so great!) with two relatively small children in tow. The kids are eating popcorn as the Mom TRIES to get some light shopping done. Behind them through each and every aisle are two small trails of popcorn. One child is coughing incessantly and continually spouting, "Mommy, Anabelle is...(place one of millions of phrases here)." The younger one is alternating between, "I'M CRAZY!!" and "peeepol ti ti on fwoor in Tawget baffroom." You see the mom make not one but two mad dashes to the 'potty.' It's almost as if she's numb as the toddler goes hurdling thru the air jumping from the cart (the kind with seats for small kids not the regular kind). You hear her defeated voice repeatedly utter, "we are almost done girls, just keep eating your popcorn and quit touching each other." You see her finally leave the store after everyone has hugged all the big red balls and is successfully holding hands to cross the parking lot. You think to yourself, "I bet she'll be glad to be home." Then, suddenly she's coming back thru the doors with the two girls holding hands walking (as slow as humanly possible) along side her. Oh, she's been charged twice for something and Dave Ramsey would blow a gasket if he knew she didn't go back inside to get it straightened out.
After the target trip from you know where...we were on our way home and I guess Taylor could tell I was worn out. She said, "Mommy, next time it is my special day, I am going to give it to you and it will be your special day." I do not deserve this kid. Maybe I deserve her sister, but I don't deserve her. :)
*A couple of quick explanations... I told the girls that they were driving me crazy which prompted Anabelle to continually shout at the top of her lungs, "I'M CRAZY! I'M CRAZY!"
**Also, on what was our second trip to the bathroom, I was explaining why sitting on the floor of the bathroom was not a good idea. I told them that sometimes people might accidentally titi on the floor, so we want to try not to touch the floor with anything but our shoes. (Don't judge me. It's the best explanation I could come up with. I couldn't just say, 'your mom's a major germ-o-phobe.') Anabelle found that amusing and wanted to share it with everyone we came into contact with. My only prayer is that most people couldn't understand what this crazy little pigtailed two year old was saying!!
Have I mentioned that I really do love my life?
I want to take you on a journey....Close your eyes and imagine with me...A Mom making her way thru Target (sorry Jared, I know I'm a traitor, but it's so great!) with two relatively small children in tow. The kids are eating popcorn as the Mom TRIES to get some light shopping done. Behind them through each and every aisle are two small trails of popcorn. One child is coughing incessantly and continually spouting, "Mommy, Anabelle is...(place one of millions of phrases here)." The younger one is alternating between, "I'M CRAZY!!" and "peeepol ti ti on fwoor in Tawget baffroom." You see the mom make not one but two mad dashes to the 'potty.' It's almost as if she's numb as the toddler goes hurdling thru the air jumping from the cart (the kind with seats for small kids not the regular kind). You hear her defeated voice repeatedly utter, "we are almost done girls, just keep eating your popcorn and quit touching each other." You see her finally leave the store after everyone has hugged all the big red balls and is successfully holding hands to cross the parking lot. You think to yourself, "I bet she'll be glad to be home." Then, suddenly she's coming back thru the doors with the two girls holding hands walking (as slow as humanly possible) along side her. Oh, she's been charged twice for something and Dave Ramsey would blow a gasket if he knew she didn't go back inside to get it straightened out.
After the target trip from you know where...we were on our way home and I guess Taylor could tell I was worn out. She said, "Mommy, next time it is my special day, I am going to give it to you and it will be your special day." I do not deserve this kid. Maybe I deserve her sister, but I don't deserve her. :)
*A couple of quick explanations... I told the girls that they were driving me crazy which prompted Anabelle to continually shout at the top of her lungs, "I'M CRAZY! I'M CRAZY!"
**Also, on what was our second trip to the bathroom, I was explaining why sitting on the floor of the bathroom was not a good idea. I told them that sometimes people might accidentally titi on the floor, so we want to try not to touch the floor with anything but our shoes. (Don't judge me. It's the best explanation I could come up with. I couldn't just say, 'your mom's a major germ-o-phobe.') Anabelle found that amusing and wanted to share it with everyone we came into contact with. My only prayer is that most people couldn't understand what this crazy little pigtailed two year old was saying!!
Have I mentioned that I really do love my life?
2 comments:
"I do not deserve this kid. Maybe I deserve her sister, but I don't deserve her. :)"
This may be, quite possibly, the funniest thing I've ever heard.
aj
Oh you deserve them both! Taylor will grow up to be you and AB is just bringing out your weaknesses to make them stronger. Isn't it funny how God gives us the opposite of what we think we should get?
Don't worry about the jabbering. Bro's new thing is to say "momma 'pank?" after just about everything he does. I spank him, but not very often. People probably think he gets beat. He probably will over the next few years... He's got a stubborn side.
Post a Comment