Thursday, September 25, 2008

College and the Chicken Nugget game

How many four year olds do you know who are obsessed with college? For a while we just called it 'that place I go when I grow up where I learn and get to spend the night.' After a bit of a rebellious day, she and Shannon were having a moment of 'Creative Correction' and made a list of all of the fun things that she liked to do. There are at least twenty five things on the list, from puzzles to going to the park to playing with Anabelle and Mommy. After the list was complete, she got to pick about 5 things that she could do and the rest remain until she 'earns' them back. The first one she picked was going to college. I find it hilarious that it was even on the list. I guess I should just be glad that her rough day as a four year old didn't leave her without the opportunity to go to college. (FYI..Anabelle has already annouced to us that she won't be going to college, but will stay home with Daddy)

Taylor and I were trying to decide how to best spend our remaining time before Anabelle woke up from her nap and she asked me if I knew how to play the chicken nugget game. The Chicken Nugget game??? She went on to remind me of the game that they played at swimming lessons where you and a partner hold hands and you each take turns going under water and blowing bubbles. Most of the summer she called the game the tater tot game (Teeter Toter game). Apparently it has been so long that her little brain just remembered it was something that you get at the drive thru.

These girls crack me up!!!

1 comment:

amyj said...

Do you mean Creative Correction like the Blair from Facts of Life book? I LOVE that book. Kate doesn't so much, but I do!