Friday, September 18, 2009

A decade


Oh my word, really? A decade I've been married? I can't believe it has gone by so quickly. Ten years ago today I married that cute baseball player from BSU (Baptist Student Union). I was STRONGLY encouraged to meet this cute new baseball player that spent hours 'reading his BIBLE in the BSU all by himself.' (thanks Jill and Judy) Three children, five homes, three states and 10 years later, here we are. I love that sweet God-fearing man! He has been an amazing father to our little ladies and exactly the spiritual leader that this family needs. The only regret I can think of is letting him pick out his own tux. (and maybe that veil) ;) j/k


4 comments:

J said...

i forgot about that!! thats hilarious!! how silly we were :) you made such a sweet bride. wish i would have been there!

Beth said...

You guys were adorable...so young and carefree...Congrats on 10 years! I hope we can spend the next 10 raising our 6 kids together!

amyj said...

I had a veil just like that....must've been the style. But that tux, well Shannon, you have a good wife because she let you wear that. :)
Happy anniversary, yall.

Alison said...

TEN YEARS? A DECADE?
WOW! Congrats.
Happy Anniversary. Did you do anything special?