Thursday, April 7, 2011

Have I mentioned how much I love our church?

Taylor and had a fantastic opportunity last weekend to go on a retreat with her church MIT (missionaries in training) group. There were 124 of us moms and girls (first thru fifth grades) who landed on a small camp outside of B'ham. It was awesome! We roasted s'mores and sang songs by the bonfire. We got to hear from teenagers from our church who used to go to MIT camp who are now going to Zambia (one for an entire year after she graduates highschool in May). Our little group of first graders (and moms) were glued to everything they said. It was great to see it click that these were girls just like them who group up to be actual missionaries.
We went on a hike that ended with a beautiful view

And we spent some time making 'trash dolls' out of CLEAN trash. (This germophobe mom was grateful for the clean part) Just like the little girls in Zambia do.
It was a weekend that Taylor and I will not forget anytime soon. I'm already excited for next year.


I hear that everyone back at the house had a pretty great time. It involved, movies, popcorn, toysrus and donuts. How can he go wrong?

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

That sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Wish we had something like this!!!!!!!! And what a good daddy! :)