Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Upward, Upward, Grant our Wish...

All we want to hear is swish! swish! swish! That is the one cheer that we continuously hear echoing through our house. Did I say CONTINUOUSLY? Because it IS continuously. I'll be so glad when we have another practice this week and hopefully get a new cheer. Taylor had an amazing time at her game Saturday. Despite FRIGID temps all five of us made it to the gym only 20 minutes late and all but three of us had jackets. Oh, I know you are intimidated by my Mom of the Year trophy.
We were running late OF COURSE, so all four of us (minus Caroline) worked as a team on our way to the gym FLUFFING new pom pons. Let me tell you they are serious about Upward. Both the cheerleaders and players were announced individually over the loud speaker as they ran through the ballon tunnel and past the smoke machine. It was a hoot. This is a far cry from my days playing in the parochial league basketball in LR. For the first time in a long time, Taylor looked tiny. I LOVED IT!
Of course Anabelle was not going to be left out. She insisted on wearing her cheerleading uniform too. She was not nearly as sad at the picture portrays. She actually had two different buddies to play with during the games.


No comments: