Sunday, May 9, 2010

Baseball


Baseball has come back into our lives this year. Shannon has found a league to play in that I think he's really going to enjoy. Of course my sweet husband is one of the older players in this league. Most of the guys are just out of college. Boy is it a different world from the last time I was watching him play. The last time he played this regularly was probably when we were living in Indiana. That was 3 children and a LOT of years ago. I am sitting in the stands with all the girlfriends who are in that stage of life. It's funny to hear my little ones' "Go Daddy!" sprinkled in with all the cheers from adoring girlfriends. What a different experience. I used to love sitting near the duggout to hear what all is going on. That's not such a great plan with six little ears tagging along with me. Let's just say baseball language from 22 yr olds isn't always appropriate. (although, they try to be careful)

It is really funny to hear all of them yell for their men and then you hear these VERY exicted little girls yelling, "GO DADDY!!!" Despite his age 'advantage' he's doing really well. He's already hit the game winning homerun. The season has not even officially started and we've already been to four games. That is a pretty big feat with three little girls. I'm almost as proud of that as I am of the homerun. ;)

One of the games he played recently was at America's oldest ball park. I got a great picture of the sign and the field, but unfortunately, no pictures of Shannon. Let's just pretend the older black man in the picture working on the field is Shannon rounding third.

No comments: