Friday, June 18, 2010

I hate to brag...

But I will anyway...

We finally made a trip back to the library today. This was only our second of the summer. After our first visit, Taylor finished the one chapter book I got her in about 20 min. I've been meaning to go again and it just has yet to happen. Until today! We found her some Geronimo Stilton books. These books came highly recommended from her Kindergarten teacher. I've known that Taylor was a good reader, but....She had now read two of the five books I got her. Each book has 100 pages or more. She's only been in her room for a little over an hour. When I mentioned it to Shannon, he chuckled and said, "Good, maybe she won't have to borrow cliff notes all the time like I did." I'm sure you can tell from my amazing ability to write that I'm not such a huge reader either. It is so cool to watch all the little facets to her personality that have got to be God breathed!! LOVE IT!!
I'd welcome any suggestions on good books for her. I've reserved several other books, but I'm afraid we'll run out of our suggestions soon if she keeps going at this pace.

5 comments:

J said...

i THINK these are all still in print - the Mandie books - LOVVVVVVEEEDDD them and i was pretty young when i started them. there are so many, that i ended up outgrowing them before i ever finished them. and they're Christian too. i saw them in Lifeway not too long ago. also, janette oak had some that i liked, that were based on animals as the main characters - super cute.

Krissi said...

Andrew loves the Magic Tree House books. They are about a boy and a girl who travel in time. I think there are over 40 in the series. They also have nonfiction companions that teach real facts about the places they travel. My kids at achool love them, too!

Racheal said...

I loved the Boxcar Children series when I was a little girl. Nathan has read the first one and liked it, too.

Murray Family said...

Leia loved reading the Junie B. Jones series. She started them right in Kindergarten.

amy said...

I love all the ideas! Thanks guys