Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Birthday Girl

Taylor is Eight!!  I know I say this every time one of mine has a bday, but HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?  She is supposed to be a sweet little two year old who loves being a big sister, not an EIGHT year old!! 
Having a birthday just a few days before Christmas is sometimes hard.  Parties aren't easy to make happen with every one's schedules, but this year I think we did just fine.  We started off the morning with some sweet homeschooling friends decorating Christmas cookies and then the party began!





Taylor picked three of her adorable little buddies (and Anabelle) to go with her to get manicures and pedicures.  Oh my word!  My girls haven't ever had this done before and I'm afraid I've created animals.  They had a FANTASTIC time.  These girls thought they were queens.  I even heard one of them say, "Let's pretend your mom is our servant."  HA!  They sat in their chairs and sipped their capri suns and chatted like little ladies.  I loved every minute of it. 
Taylor at eight is a ball of silliness.  From silly faces to goofy 'dances' she is a clown if I've ever seen one.  But this clown can get serious when it comes to school.  She is a reading machine (something she doesn't get from her dad and I.)  She has completed her second grade reading list and is half way through third grade, due to complete it at the end of January.  I can't get her enough books and I love it.  She and I have really enjoyed this semester of homeschooling together.  We miss Anabelle when she's at school but I can say I know Taylor better now than I did in Aug when we started.  I love the time we get to spend learning together.  Yes, I am learning while teaching her 2nd grade. 
She is so tender hearted and sometimes cries when her sisters get in trouble. She can do some drama too.  Boy can she.  What will happen when she is a teenager is beyond me!  I'm a little nervous. ;)
Between now and then, I'm doing my best to cherish the little girl in her, bc I know it will be much too soon before she's done with 'little girl' things. 

No comments: