Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas in Alabama

For our first year since we moved to Alabama, the Rushings spent Christmas at home in AL.  It wasn't an easy decision.  Taylor started asking to stay home for Christmas before last year's celebration and when Anabelle joined in this year, it was a lock.  As much as we missed all of our family in Ark, we had a VERY relaxed and enjoyable Christmas at home. 
We got to attend the candlelight service at our church that we all LOVED!

There was A LOT of sister playing.  So much that the littlest sister was EXHAUSTED!
We did some shopping together at our new outlets.  Something we NEVER to together as a family.  They had a blast!

The girls decorated cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve. 

Each of the girls asked for one thing for Christmas.  Taylor's was "a book."  No specific book, just A book.  What a reader.  Just like her mom. ;) Could I love that kid any more??

Our relaxed Christmas Morning, just playing together.  After sending Taylor back to bed at 3:30am, we ok'd the 6:30 wake up time. 
We did miss all of our family on Christmas day (especially Aunt Linda's rolls) but there was something really special about spending part of our Christmas morning worshiping at our church with all of our peeps that we live life with everyday.  It was FANTASTIC!

1 comment:

The Hill Hangout said...

Hey, Amy! Just found your blog through the SMBC Women's blog. Looking around at SMBC, I found so many friends who have blogs that I didn't know about. So happy to have found you, and I'll add you to my reader so I can keep up with you guys. Hope homeschooling is going well for you ladies!