Sunday, August 31, 2008

These girls have been playing together a lot this last week. This was our last week before they both start 'school.' Anabelle will go two days and Taylor will go four. They are both extremely excited but have really enjoyed each other this week. Taylor has been focused on helping me around the house. She really likes to clean. I have had to release my control (not always an easy task for me). There may be a few extra window smudges but she sure feels important. :)
Anabelle has been working on being a big girl (aka diapers only at night). She's done pretty well with a few unpleasant exceptions. She's also working on her 'independence' in other ways. A couple of days ago she walked into the kitchen holding Taylor's sissors and a piece of paper explaining that she was going to cut and then color the paper. I explained that I was sorry, but she wasn't quite big enough for sissors yet. Her response, "yes, I cut then color because I the boss."
Shannon recently had to explain that she couldn't jump from the couch to the ottoman. Actually I think he said she could do it, but she would get a spanking. Her response, "No I won't." You can imagine that it didn't go over very well. She's only two!!!!

No comments: