Saturday, February 27, 2010

Slave Driver

I took this on Presidents day...I just wanted to remember the sight of it. Such great helpers. (BTW, Swiffervac has changed my life almost as much as DVR. My children use it daily. AWESOME!!!!)

Just some random questions I've been asked by the three year old over the last week. I never realized how many questions or the variety of questions a mother gets asked. Is it bad that sometimes I just make up answers when I'm not sure. hehe....
Mommy, do I weigh enough to sit on a cloud?
What is Caroline's name? (translated: how do you spell caroline)
Did you know that a baby looks like a little sand to a giant? Of of of of of course to God. (the numerous of (s) was for emphasis)
Does God have a birthday?
Will Daddy ever get the same age as God? like an old man...(pause) How old is Papaw?
(on our way to a Sunday school brunch) Are they going to have LOTS of donuts there?
This is Caroline's new highchair cover. I had forgotten how disgusting it was when munchkins learn to feed themselves. When I mailed fabric and a 'pattern' to my mom to come up with a second cover, I never DREAMED it would be this cute. It is reversible! How adorable!! Go Gran!
A couple of weeks ago Taylor came into my room after bedtime exclaiming down the hall that 'this is important.' She said, "I think Jesus is asking me into my heart." Could that be cuter? We're now going through this AWESOME book put together by Lifeway for young kids who are ready to take that step. Just as a warning...when that statement first comes out of your childs mouth.....no matter how many evangelism classes you've taken or how well you know the roman road, or how long you have prayed for this, you freeze!!!! It's like a panic that I never expected. What if I mess up and say the wrong thing? It took me a while to realize that contrary to how I had been feeling, this was in fact NOT about me. Maybe God could be a little involved with the process. :) Now that I've calmed down all I can do is be thankful. WOW, what a privilege to watch this little munchkin begin her own PERSONAL walk with God. Thank you God for that amazing gift.
She is a super reader and it is soooo cool to just find her in her room reading her bible.
One final quick story....We had a little gathering to go to this morning. We drove across down and were about 3 min from the house and Taylor (THE SIX YR OLD) said, "Mom, I don't have any shoes." When asked why she didn't wear shoes, she only answered, "because Mommy didn't tell me to." Because it was basically an outside party, we had to do a Uturn and go to the local Wally world to find some shoes. Poor kid. Maybe I'm a little too involved in the day to day of her life. A little independence lesson might be needed.

3 comments:

Beth said...

i absolutely love this post for so many reasons....

The Fuller Family said...

Awesome. All of it.

What is the book from Lifeway called, by the way? I've been wondering if such a thing exists, and apparently it does! I need it...

Alison said...

I love the part about Taylor. I also took mental notes about Caroline watching from her high chair as the older kids worked. A swiffer vac AND a vaccum cleaner. UMM..you could serve supper off that floor.